Dear Gateway Church Family,
We are back and so excited to worship in person together again, starting Sunday, July 5th at 9am and 11am. However, Gateway must comply with City, State, and CDC reopening guidelines for the safety of all. We ask for your patience as we navigate this uncharted territory in this unprecedented season. We are so grateful for you, for your cooperation with the COVID-19 prevention requirements, and your prayers!
You will need to register for the services: 1) through online registration (each Tuesday, a link will be emailed to the church to register), 2) through our website or 3) by calling the church office (718-966-4500) during the week (M-F, 9-5pm). Our online registration will close every Saturday at 8pm, so please register prior to that time. Due to the NYC and NYS guidelines, there are limited seats available for each service, so please plan ahead and reserve seats for yourself and family members.
We ask that you arrive by 8:45 for the 9am service and by 10:45 for the 11am service. Your reserved spots will be forfeited to those who might come that morning on a first come first served basis, if you are not present by 9:00 and 11:00 respectively.
- Children’s ministry is not permitted at this stage of our church reopening. We ask that families sit together in the services.
- If you are in a high-risk category, please continue to watch our services online. We are committed to continuing to offer and develop our online worship and discipleship ministries going forward.
- If you are sick at all (fever, cough, etc.), have shown symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please continue to watch online until you are symptom free for 14 days.
- We will not have food or drinks available and ask that you don’t bring your own into the facility.
- We ask that you use the restroom only if you must. Please, use the restroom before coming to church as access will be limited to a specific number at a time. Bathroom surfaces will be disinfected throughout the morning as well as before and after services.
To comply with state
and CDC guidelines:
To comply with state and CDC guidelines:
- You need to register for the event. Please, include all attendees in your registration.
- Masks or face coverings are required for entry into the building and sanctuary and during congregational singing, except for those age 2 and under. Please, bring your own mask or face covering. If you are unable to wear a mask or face covering due to medical reasons, we ask that you continue to view our services online for your own protection and those of others.
- Please, follow the signs and directions from team members on where and when to enter and exit the building and sanctuary. After checking in at the entrance, you will be directed to the proper seating area in the sanctuary. We will be releasing people from the sanctuary by sections. We ask that you exit the building immediately after the service.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout our lobby area as you enter and exit the sanctuary.
- Please, don’t move any of the chairs. If you have an issue, please address a team member for assistance.
- We ask that you refrain from handshakes, hugs, hi-fives and other forms of personal contact as we must practice proper social distancing measures for everyone’s safety.
- Unfortunately, fellowship before and after service will not be allowed in the building. We know you are excited to be here – and we are thrilled to have you back – but we will need time to disinfect the church between services. Connecting with each other can occur outside while practicing proper social distancing measures. Pastor Michael and our Deacons will not be available after the services for prayer inside the sanctuary. Pastor Michael and our Deacons will be available OUTSIDE after the services for prayer (while implementing social distancing practices).
- Offering will be taken in our contactless collection boxes in the rear of the sanctuary before and after services. You can also g continue to give online at gcny.org/give.
For any additional requests or questions, please, email email@example.com or call 718-966.4500
Although we are trying to make every reasonable effort to provide a sanitary and safe environment for attenders, volunteers and staff, we cannot warrant that there is no risk to contracting the virus in such an assembly. Attendance is voluntary. If you do not feel comfortable with the steps we are taking, we encourage you to view the service online until such a time when the risk is lower or you feel comfortable that the steps we have taken are adequate.