Here at Church at the Gateway, we view a Baby Dedication Service as so much more than a ritual. It is an opportunity for you to present yourselves before God, your family and your church family, as parents ready to honor the will and Word of God while raising your child.
As part of the dedication service you will be asked to affirm that you:
- Have a personal faith in Christ, and renew your dedication to Him and His Word.
- Pray daily for God’s direction in your lives and in the lives of your child.
- Faithfully participate in Sunday worship with your child at Church at the Gateway.
- Teach your child the truths of God’s Word in your home.
- Will seek to lead your child to a personal faith in Christ as soon as they are ready.
- Recognize that your child belongs to God and have been born to experience His love and to serve Him.
If you would like to dedicate your child to God at Church at the Gateway, please follow these steps:
- Fill out the Baby Dedication Form below.
- If you have not already attended Discover Gateway (an informal class where you get to know where we come from, what we believe and where we’re going as a church), please sign up to attend the next available class, held the 2nd Sunday of each month. (Click here to register for Discover Gateway.)
- Upon receipt of the Baby Dedication form, someone from the church staff will contact you about being a part of the next Baby Dedication Service, as well as schedule you for a pastoral interview to discuss and affirm all of the principles laid out in this brochure. Baby Dedication Services are held three times a year, on Saturday at 10 am.